We do update this policy from time to time so please do review this policy regularly.
The Five Principles
- SMT commits to provide clear, honest and open information to customers about how we use their data.
- SMT commits to give customers choice in how we use their data.
- SMT commits to use data appropriately and in a way that would be reasonably expected by the customer.
- SMT agrees to be accountable and responsible, to take active steps to protect customer data from data breaches and informing customers and the Information Commissioner should there be a data breach.
- SMT commits to ensure our Trustees, Artistic Director and volunteers understand these principles and their responsibilities in delivering them.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our mailing list we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
- Information provided voluntarily by you, for example when you register for information.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Use of your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To inform you of changes to our website and marketing, future events, products and services.
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you which might include information on fundraising events or other activity. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
Storing Your Personal Data
All data within SMT’s systems are stored securely and we have a range of internal policies and procedures regarding the security of data.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the Internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Personal data is reviewed biannually and then items no longer required to be kept are shredded, incinerated or deleted.
Disclosing Your Information
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to a charge of up to £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
Shropshire Music Trust uses Google Analytics to gather anonymous information about visitors to our website: e.g. how they arrived on our website (typing the address directly, via a search engine result, a link in an email, etc); which pages were visited; how long the visitors stayed on the site; type of device (phone, desktop PC, iPad) and browser used to access the website.
To do this, Google Analytics places a small text file called a cookie on your computer. It can't do anything; it just records information as described above. If you don't want cookies all you need to do is click 'No' when prompted or untick the box below. Please note that you will need to do this for each device or browser (e.g. Chrome, Edge or Safari).
None of this information can be used to identify you, but it can help us to make decisions about the marketing of SMT and its events.